“In case a prophet or a dreamer of a dream arises in your midst and does give you a sign or a portent, 2 and the sign or the portent does come true of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us walk after other gods, whom you have not known, and let us serve them,’ 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or to the dreamer of that dream, because Jehovah YOUR God is testing YOU to know whether YOU are loving Jehovah YOUR God with all YOUR heart and all YOUR soul. 4 After Jehovah YOUR God YOU should walk, and him YOU should fear, and his commandments YOU should keep, and to his voice YOU should listen, and him YOU should serve, and to him YOU should cling. 5 And that prophet or that dreamer of the dream should be put to death, because he has spoken of revolt against Jehovah YOUR God...Here the false prophet gives "signs or portents," adding to God's word, and advocates worship of false gods. Even if his "signs or portents" come true, he must be executed for his false teaching of advocating false gods.
“‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’So the false prophet adds to God's word by making new predictions that fail and/or advocates worship of false gods. He must be executed.
In both descriptions, there is nothing about misinterpreting scripture, but only adding to scripture, as well as adding a new, false, god to worship.
While Jehovah's Witnesses never claimed to be inspired or add to the Bible, there have been instances of immature interpretation of existing prophecy. But only the hateful would confuse that with being a false prophet. Ironically, the Trinitarians who accuse Jehovah's Witnesses of false prophecy are not only being hateful and therefore unchristian, but they are also advocating the worship of a new, false God, the Trinity. Therefore, per Deuteronomy, the Trinity must be executed. This is done by rejecting that new, fake God: not being under its control, not fearing it.
Executing the Trinity is accomplished by:
- Removing its heavy, oppressive yoke
- Not fearing what is false and fake
- False Prophecy or Misguided Interpretation of Prophecy? jimspace3000.blogspot.com/2011/03/false-prophecy-or-misguided.html
- The Problem with “False Prophecy” Polemics jehovah.to/xlation/fp.html
- Carl Sagan on belief jimspace3000.blogspot.com/2010/08/carl-sagan-on-belief-in-1986-late-carl.html
- Do You Reject Trinitarianism? jimspace3000.blogspot.com/2010/11/normal-0-false-false-false.html
- ‘They keep changing the dates’: Jehovah’s Witnesses Changing Chronology by George D. Chryssides www.cesnur.org/2010/to-chryssides.htm
- How to Identify Actual False Prophets dismythed.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-jehovah.html